The New York Times
December 1999 – Present
- Editor/reporter on the Real Estate section (digital and print), and previously worked on Sunday Business and Business Day (assigning, copy-editing and writing).
- Writer for the Big Ticket column, which runs weekly in the Real Estate section; and the Exclusive column, which runs periodically in Real Estate. Previously wrote The 30-Minute Interview, a weekly column in the Commercial Real Estate section of Business Day; Ventures, a monthly feature about real estate investing in Sunday Business; and Assets, a column about real estate money matters that ran twice a month in Real Estate.
- Frequent contributor of feature articles and/or cover stories in Real Estate, Sunday Business, Business Day, National, Sports and the former Escapes section, as well as various special sections like Women’s Health, Retirement, Small Business and Giving.
- Frequent blogger for The Walk-Through, a former real estate blog from The Times.
- Featured writer in The New York Times Practical Guide to Practically Everything (St. Martin’s Press, 2006 and 2009).
2006 – 2007
- Freelance writer of real estate features for several issues.
The Associated Press
1982 – 1999
- Personal finance columnist.
- Business enterprise editor, with the responsibilities of assigning and editing all business features for the wire service, and coordinating photos and graphics from bureaus worldwide.
- Business writer in New York, covering several beats, including personal finance and investing, banking, mergers and acquisitions and the financial markets.
- Business writer/general assignment reporter/editor in the Miami and Hartford, Conn., bureaus.
Other Media Outlets:
- Writer for Telva, a monthly women’s magazine published in Madrid.
- Writer/reporter (unbylined) for Fidelity Investments website.
- Reporter/Writer/Contributor for The Hartford Courant, The Bristol (Conn.) Press, The Norwich (Conn.) Bulletin and the Daily Record of Parsippany, N.J.
- Weekend producer for News Radio WPOP, Hartford, Conn.
- Intern/investigative reporter for Jack Anderson Enterprises.
Master of Science, Interactive Media
Sole recipient of Faculty Award for Academic Excellence; 4.0 G.P.A.
Poynter-Cronkite Program for Adjunct Instructors, Poynter Institute and Arizona State University Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication
Wharton Seminar for Business Journalists, University of Pennsylvania
Bachelor of Arts, Journalism, concentration in Marketing
- Faculty Award for Academic Excellence, Quinnipiac University, 2015
- Lambda Pi Eta Alumni Achievement Award, Rider University, 2015
- Guest (digital) speaker, Oregon State University, 2014
- Panel moderator, The New York Times VU Real Estate Conference, Spring and Fall 2010
- Women’s Economic Round Table, panel participant with Suze Orman and other journalists, 2001
- Newswomen’s Club of New York, panel participant, 2001
- Front Page Award, the Newswomen’s Club of New York, 1999
- Society of Business Writers and Editors Award, 1998
- National Headliners Award, 1994
- Guest lecturer, Rider University, 1994
- Business writers workshop leader for AP Minneapolis, 1994
- Contributor and featured journalist for “News Reporting and Writing,” 6th edition, Columbia University
- National Headliners Award, 1992
- Rider University Distinguished Alumna Award, 1992
- John Hancock Financial Writers Award, 1989, 1988, 1987
- AP Managing Editors Award, 1987